Thursday, July 14, 2005

Early Bird

Early start today as I have to give a presentation at 8:30 this morning… so I am on the 6:38am train, but it is of course running 5 mins late.  Can’t understand what; other than being a slack arse, makes trains late at 6:30 in the morning.

Little Brookie, my youngest was sick last night too and we had to get up a few times through the night.  Nothing too bad, she has a bit of tummy bug but she seems to be ok this morning when I left the house.

Today is the last day for me this week and I will be taking off for three days with Niki and hence Lime Kettles will go un-updated over the weekend.  Looking forward to the three days immensely!

As a surprise too, I have picked up a Lexus GS300 for the weekend on a “test drive” and have it from tonight through to Monday morning when I go back to work.  Never really had a nice (real nice) car on a deal like this… there is a sports car weekend hire place across the road from my office where you can hire BMW Z4’s and the like for the weekend.  Thought it would be nice to do, but seemed way too expensive.  This deal that I have this weekend is only costing me the fuel I use and $1000 for an at fault accident.  Touch Wood.

I smashed gumbi last night in my Cut Throat League match on fumbbl 4-0.  I am now undefeated after three rounds which is nice.  The fumbbl client was updated to ver8.4 yesterday which now has the feature that when a player dies on the pitch, there is a permanent blood stain on the pitch!  I had a mummy killed last night (damn regenerate didn’t work) and I am suddenly confronted with a pixelated representation of his insides smeared across the turf.  This add on makes me think of other possible graphic enhancements… such as footprints in the mud during wet weather games etc etc.  I may post some ideas on the fumbbl forums.

 

1 comment:

Goreon said...

Have a good one mate. A long weekend away can do anyone the world of good. I'm saving up my leave for Xmas myself...

Good to see the FUMBBL Client get an update - I wonder what else has been upgraded?

:)