Thursday, August 11, 2005

Car Serviceand Media Exposure

Had to book my “station car” (a Holden Barina) in for its service today which meant I had to drive down to Penrith…  I bought the Barina new 2 years ago and because it drives to the station and back mostly, its only done 20,000 kms in those 2 years.  Should be a simple open and shut case, but you get to the Service dealer and he has the cars details on his clip board and commences the game of “20 Questions To Get You To Spend Mondey”… I must admit I am a sucker for this because I a) know nothing about cars and b) am always worried about Niki driving and having a prang or a breakdown.

He starts by telling me that I “am due” for a Brake Fluid Flush.  I say go ahead because anything about brakes makes me worried…

Next…  do I want to have my tyres rotated.  “Yes”

Next… is it due for a Wheel Alignment?  “ummm… don’t know.  Never had it done…” so he ticks the box.

Next… Do you want a fuel injector clean?  Ah Hah!  Gotcha!  “No!”.  (This is a rip off and given it’s a 4 cylinder buzz box, I know that its not a big deal)

He then asks if there is anything else and I mention the fact that my front left hubcap is missing and I’d like it replaced… (it fell off somewhere about 3 weeks ago).  He then kicks the tyre in question and says “You sure?  They’re expensive…”

How farking expensive can a hubcap be??  Now I am worried… the bill will probably be gazillions of dollars and most of it in a hubcap…

In other news, Kate got herself in the local paper!  If you get a copy of the Blue Mountains Gazette, there is an advert for her school’s enrolment day… she is the main kid in the photograph highlighting the delightful children that make her school so special…  might have to get myself an agent!  :-)  LOL!

We have pinched all the copies from the neighbours and relatives in the area and will be issuing it out as part of this years Xmas card… hehe.

 

1 comment:

Goreon said...

Ooooh gotta watch those guys. They are usually the worst for a sting because they sound 'official' and stuff.

I have a family mechanic so we don't have problems like that....