Thursday, August 18, 2005

So much to discuss... so little time

Being ill for so long, has meant that I have a number of things floating around in my head and yet cannot commit to writing about them all in a single post.  So instead, I will list these things as a way of trying to descramble my brain.  I may come back to these in more detail…

·          New Train timetable… I am seriously pissed about the timetable coming home making me 15mins later.  Add to the uncertainty that I think the whole network will be in a mess, I am worried that 15mins may blow out to 30+ mins later home.

·          Congrats to my mate Tommy and his wife for selling their house via auction last Saturday.  Its good to see happy vendors in today’s current property market.  Now they just need to buy a new house which I guess is a market that favours buyers.  Can’t wait for the housewarming :-)

·          Gaming stuff… have a couple of things here.  The 11th season of the SWL has kicked off on fumbbl.  Round 1 due for completion on Monday people!  Thanks again to the admin crew for their support getting the season running.

·          Am currently back into playing Madden 2005 pretty heavily as well.  It’s a great sports game the Madden series and I hear 2006 is coming out…  I don’t buy each years version because I think the changes are only incremental.

·          The NRL!  I am very happy at the moment as the Dragons are sitting at the top end of the table and have a chance at a Top 2 finish, even outside odds at a minor premiership.  I am disappointed that I missed out on tickets to this weekends game because it sold out on Tuesday afternoon.  But nevertheless, it is clear the team wanted to play at Kogarah rather than the SFS so I am not complaining.  Given a lot of my mates are Parra fans, these games always attract a few extra sly comments back and forth.  For the record, the Dragons are favourites giving the Eels 5.5pts start on FootyTAB.

·          I have a wedding this weekend. A girl at work is getting married and has invited the whole team to the wedding.  This is a nice gesture as the team at work get on pretty well but we don’t mix socially… The unfortunate thing is she has adopted the “mix the guests” table seating.  So instead of all of us being at a single table at the back of the reception hall, we will be scattered amongst family, friends and I presume the grooms work friends.  Seems odd to me and sort of puts a dampener on my enthusiasm for the evening.

·          I mentioned yesterday that Dad was ill before I was.  Well I rang mum yesterday and she now has the same virus… hope you’re feeling better mum!

That’s about it…. I will rant about something specific soon.

1 comment:

Goreon said...

There's a lot of sickness going around of late Clay. Part of living in a big city like this I guess... Glad to hear you're feeling better though.

The new train timetable is utter crud. Cityrail again reports that people are leaving the system in droves - approximately 110,000 a WEEK less commuters than even last year which was the worst for Cityrail in the past decade. Running times are extremely important for the average punter trying to get to work on time, but the minister seems so hellbent on this they're happy to sacrifice everything else in the process. My trains are already packed to the rafters to and from work, what do they expect will happen when we have even LESS trains to accomodate people? 'Here's a great on time service - but you'll have to stand for 50 minutes because there's no seats and the train now runs slower than it did 70 years ago'. Like that is really going to bring the people back, huh? Idiots.

Congrats to Tommy for having a house they are able to sell at all. I was locked out of the housing market completely a few years back thanks to the investor boom. Thanks Sydney!

I have a first round match against Gumbi. I have to play up 50 TR against his KHEMRI with 3 DPs. My first season in Conferences may very well be a team ender on the very first game.

Parra are going to beat the Dragons this weekend! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!