Wednesday, October 19, 2005

General News

Am on the late train this morning as I was up late watching a tape of “Inside 9/11” that was on National Geographic Channel last month. My mate Noyz lent it to me recommending it. I started watching it the night before last before realising the thing goes for about 4 hours! Anyways I was up until 1am watching this thing after being up to midnight the night before (though I must say, I didn’t start watching until nearly 11pm both nights) and I have been riveted to the show. Its very good and if you ever do get a chance to see it, I highly recommend it. It goes from the 80’s and the history of why al-Qaeda was formed to of course 9/11 2001. After all this viewing, I am only just now at the aftermath of the plane strikes…

So I am a bit tired today and will have a snooze after watching this, but I do want to give a view “news items”.

Firstly, our friends Nick and Paula gave birth on Saturday to a baby boy Antonio. He weighed in at a good 9lbs and though the birth was difficult and very long (44hrs!) mum and baby Antonio (Tony) are doing well.

Secondly my good mate Joe got engaged to his lovely Rosa on the weekend as well and already plans are afoot on the wedding prep front. Rosa is from Shepparton in Victoria so it seems as though the plan they have is for a country wedding down there. Apparently a bus trip is involved for us Sydney crowd to get there and I reckon it will be a great trip!

On the gaming front, I lost my Fumbbl Cup match last night and bow out of the tournament. I made the third round but came up against a Swedish coach who was quite good plus a better team. Still, I lost the game 2-1 in the last turn of the match and made an elementary mistake that could have stopped his 2nd touchdown and hence forced overtime. But I do concede, my team had been bashed pretty badly (3 casualties) and I was up against it if we went to OT.

Anyways, I am signing off… time for some zeds.

No comments: