Friday, October 21, 2005

Not good.

I am going to the Gold Coast on Saturday morning as my Pop up there is in a bad way and is not expected to make it much longer.  He has been battling cancer for some time now and he lost a kidney as a result.  The cancer spread to other parts of his body and the pain he is experiencing has increased dramatically.  He has been sent to Hospital and the diagnosis was to relieve the pain, the kidney dialysis needs to stop and then that means that he will not live long without the dialysis.

Its very sad, and it’s been a long process but given my Nan is up there on her own dealing with this my mum and my aunt have been going back and forth doing their best to support her.  This weekend Dad and I will go as well and I will probably be there until the end.

Not a nice post, but everything else you think about isn’t worth writing about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clay,

Very sad to read this post. I wish your family the strength to get through this... I know it can be very difficult thing to come to terms with.

You and your Pop will be in my thoughts and prayers.