Wednesday, November 30, 2005

If you read all this, leave a comment...

I am struggling this morning to post something meaningful as I have been very busy with work and will be for the rest of the week… I have finished reading that Blood Bowl novel I mentioned a couple of days ago and I was writing a review of it and critiquing it due to its poor spelling and grammar and realised that I am doing the ultimate Lime Kettle and decided to delete all that post.  (For the record, the book was average at best and you have to be a gamer to determine that it was an average book – if you don’t play Blood Bowl, don’t bother!)

It is hard to write about something when you have committed to write very little about work, but then your work is what is consuming you at the moment… The reason for this all consumption is that some of my colleagues from our US office are out for our annual strategy sessions and the entire week is taken up with meetings and the evenings are taken up with dinner and entertainment…  It leaves very little else to think about…  So if work is driving everything else out this week, then I guess I better start looking forward to something!

When you’re in late November, obviously things start to turn to Xmas.  Yesterday Niki got the girls their annual Santa photo.  This was a big milestone for little Brooke as she has been petrified of Santa for the last two Christmas’s and this year she willing sat next to Santa.  Niki was very happy too because it wasn’t crowded at Santa’s Workshop and he was actually walking around browsing (do Santa’s browse?) in the toy department, so the girls got to hold his hand and lead him back to the Santa Chair for their photo.  He was a pretty good Santa and when was all said and done and they walked past Santa later on, he called out their names and wished them a Merry Christmas.   So a big thumbs up to what seems to be one of the better Santa’s going around!  (Myer at Penrith if you’re keen).

Also, because initially my Pop was ill, but more so that he passed away last month, my parents are going up to spend Xmas with my Nan on the Gold Coast.  This means that we’ll be having an early Xmas lunch with my mum & dad and hopefully some other rello’s the week before.  So effectively we get two Xmas Days!  The lunch is going to be at our place and I need to pull my finger out and make some phone calls and get busy… it will be good because we can just relax and not worry about doing the 3pm changeover to be somewhere else for dinner.  Not quite the same as doing it on Xmas Day, but we’ll give it a fair crack :-)

Before this though, on Sunday, we’re having a Xmas Picnic with the old crowd and its getting to the stage that one of us (Pete) will be dressing up in Santa gear for the kids.  Should be a good one, just hope the weather improves.

Well that’s enough… the train is at Parramatta and I need to do some work and this posting has rambled long enough…

 

1 comment:

Goreon said...

I read it Clay - I read your blog every day pretty much because it's an interesting read :)

You can probably remove my BB blog link from your sidebar, I have taken down the BB site as you know and I run another one for the game I play - http://bodgershoppe.blogspot.com/ Probably not your cup of tea, but just letting ya know if you wanna know what I'm up to, that's the place to look.

I will be taking my girls to see Santa this weekend at Blacktown for their photo (Myers too funnily enough) and my youngest (just turned 3) is really looking forward to it for the first time. I get the distinct feeling that this will be a great xmas for us - fingers crossed!

I've also finished up the current season in the SWL strongly, avoiding relegation and going up to Prems, so another season in Confs it'll be for BMU!

Did you notice that they've now opened the west end of the platform at Parra station now? You can actually walk from Parra station straight through to Westfields underground now like Town Hall. It's very cool...