Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Its all downhill from here...

An early start today and the train is fairly packed… I think it’s because it’s only 6 cars rather than the usual 8.  As a result, I have only been able to get a seat to fire up the laptop at Strathfield today… grrr!

I am going in early because I have to go to a meeting today out of the office that starts at 9am and I didn’t want to carry all the paperwork around with me on the way home and back in, so I will go to the office first to pick it up.

It’s very busy at work as the Christmas wind down is on in earnest … everyone is in a rush to meet their end of year deadlines.  My boss has asked us all to compile a list of what we need done by the end of the year… seems odd that for 48 weeks of the year we are “left to our own devices” but with a month to go before Christmas, we need to itemise things.  It’s a bit insulting to think I don’t know what’s on and what’s important before Christmas.  Micro management!  Gotta Love It!

However, in all seriousness, late November marks the start of my busiest period of work… from November through to April; my work is very hectic so I have my own motivation to get my lesser projects done by Christmas.

For Christmas however, I will be off for about 3 weeks.  We are not going away anywhere, but will take the kids on a lot of day trips.  Beach mostly, but you never know what we will do.  My mum & dad are going to the Gold Coast for Xmas to have it with my Nan so we will be having a get together at our place on the Sunday before… that will leave Christmas Day to be with Niki’s family and that will mean no travelling and rushing and half eaten meals on the day.  It actually sounds very appealing!  New Years Eve will be at my place again for the 4th (??) year running with our friends.

I am looking forward to the break very much.  

No comments: