Friday, November 04, 2005

Reading!

My posts have been erratic because I have not been taking my laptop home each night because I have taken to reading on the train instead of working.  I borrowed Bill Bryson’s “A Short History of Nearly Everything” from my good friend Tommy “ozjesting” Dean and have been unable to put it down.

So with the weather being very humid which makes carting my laptop home from work and back each day annoying (particularly whilst wearing a suit) I have decided to travel “light” and pack only the book.  I am two thirds through the book, so it won’t be long before I am forced due to boredom to carry the laptop again.

My laptop for the record is about 4yrs old and is fairly heavy by today’s standards. It is a hefty Dell number and compared to the one I had at a previous employer a few years ago, it feels like I am carrying three house bricks around.

Speaking of alternative employers, I met a prospective new employer yesterday.  Went very well, but I found the role seems to be smaller to the one I am doing now in terms of technical scope, but has the added perks of better dollars and more international travel to exotic locations… (Milan, Madrid, Moscow… !) but I am unsure if I want to pursue it because I may be bored with the day to day…. I will see how discussions pan out.

The weekend ahead will be full of yard work.  My own backyard is a jungle and the girls refuse to go outside at the moment!  Grass is about a foot deep!  With my inadvertent trip to the Gold Coast, the rains and the fact I dumped so much fertiliser on it 3 weeks ago, the backyard now looks like you could hold a pride of lions in it without anyone noticing…  As far as I know, the dog is still with us and hasn’t gotten lost!

Then after I do my own yard, my brother-in-law Michael who gets married in 3 weekends time in his backyard is racing against time to finish his landscaping.  I will be spending Sunday afternoon at his place at Springwood helping him out….

In between, there is cricket, dinner with Mum & Dad and I understand friends of ours Glenn & Brooke are coming over for Sunday dinner…  plus I see my tax accountant on Saturday at the princely hour of 9am!!  You can see why I am so flat chat!

1 comment:

Chunky said...

You can always borrow some more books if'n you want mate.

I think you should take the new job, so that in Moscow you can hook gumbi with a russian bride.