Friday, December 09, 2005

When Office Drinks Go Bad...

Nursing a hangover and lethargy this morning after not getting in until 1:30am this morning… Let’s just say that an external work function got out of hand and when our hosts determined that we should get into the Xmas Spirit and that “spirit” included Mr Johnnie Walker and Mr Smirnoff it all went down hill from there…

The 12:18 train from Central is an interesting one given that it was just me at one end of the carriage and a girl at the other (front) end.  A guy, clearly pissed, gets on the train at Parramatta and roughly demands to know if the girl is “getting off at Penrith”.  She nods and he says very rudely “Good, Wake me when we get there.” He then promptly slumps across the aisle from her and goes to sleep.

The girl gets off the train at Blacktown (i.e before Penrith) and he sleeps on.

He was still sleeping when I got off the train at Glenbrook (past Penrith) and I can’t stop thinking about him waking up at Lithgow or somewhere at 3am… lol.  Sucker.

Today shall be a very quiet day spent at my desk… given that half my team were at the function with me last night, I am sure that my “quiet day” will be enthusiastically supported…. Gotta love Xmas wind down… :-)

No comments: