Thursday, April 06, 2006

Health Problems Related to the Geek Lifestyle

OK, saw this article today and I have several symptoms:

1 – Sleep.  I don’t watch TV in bed but the first thing I do now when I get up in the morning is check my mail and my various websites.  This is now a disturbing trend in which I am getting up earlier to spend more time on the PC…

2 – Headaches:  I had them and now wear glasses when on the PC.  No more headaches.

3 – Back Pain:  I have just finished a course of physiotherapy for my back and now do (well I should do) exercises daily to stretch my back.

4 – Attention Span:  I believe mine is getting shorter on non-PC activities… I get bored by TV, I struggle to maintain an interest in other things (like reading) and I feel as though I can’t watch a game of football on tele without checking the email…

Maybe I should see a doctor…

 

No comments: