Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blardy Ticketek

I have just spent 2 and a bit hours trying to get thru to Ticketek to buy tickets for the upcoming Ashes Cricket series.  To put into perspective, this is a cricket series coming to Sydney in January 2007.  Six months away.

I spent this time hitting the website and the phone lines and finally got thru to Ticketek’s Canberra office to be told that all 4 days had been sold out.

What makes this a worse feeling is this I am a member of the “Australian Cricket Family” which is a group of confirmed Aussie Citizens designed to ensure that Aussie fans get in instead of Pommy backpackers.  But they have all been snapped up and I didn’t even get a look in.

However, when it was apparent that the tickets for the test match had been sold out, I tried to log in again (don’t know why) and managed to buy 10 tickets to the One Day International of Aust vs England and also a family pass to take the kids to the Twenty20 match on 9 January.  All up, didn’t get what I wanted, but still spent nearly $700 on tickets!

LOL!

There is a second release of Test Match tickets on June 19 but that’s when all the big package deals will be done to English tour groups and I think my chances are buckleys.

No comments: