Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Work - Dinner - TV - Bed - Work

Didn’t leave the office until 7:30pm last night and am on the 5:50am train this morning for an early morning video conference with our LA office.  I hate these quick turnarounds between days… basically got home at a bit before 9:30pm last night, had dinner and really should have gone to bed straight away.  Instead I got dressed to go out and take the dog for a walk and got stuck watching two shows on the Comedy Channel “Peepshow” and “Family Guy”.  “Peepshow” isn’t as X rated as it sounds, its an English comedy about to blokes who share a flat together and try to “pick up chicks”.  The difference is that one is an atypical accountant who doesn’t go anywhere without a suit on and the other is a wannabe musician and a complete loser.  The “peep” element is that their thoughts are also narrated… weird show.  And of course “Family Guy” – one of the best shows on tele… no need for explanations there!  God knows why I am rabbling on about TV shows at 6am…

So then, funnily enough given the comments yesterday, I got stuck watching the end of Rove Live and his lame interview with latest Big Brother evictee Michael.  What happens when you get two idiots together on TV?  Train crash TV is the thought that comes to mind.  Rove trying to be a funny smart arse and Michael trying just to be a wannabe superstar arse.  Yet before I knew it, it was too late to walk the dog and I had to get up in 5 hours.

And also, I have to say I was wrong about the construction works at Glenbrook Station.  Got here this morning and the foundations for an elevator have been laid.  Don’t know why they’re starting with the garden and working backwards, but they are.  Rockeries are done, new concrete laid, so lets build an elevator.  At least it will save me walking up the stairs when I come home “tired and emotional” :-)

And before I sign off, Kate did her ballet exam yesterday and nobody, not even the teachers, are allowed into the rooms to see her performance, but she came out all smiles, extremely happy and said she didn’t make any mistakes in the routine.  So, fingers crossed that she’s passed, but I’d be very surprised if she didn’t – she’s extremely self-confident with her dancing.  Well done Kate! x x x

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: