Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One Year Of Lime Kettles!

Today is the first birthday of your favourite blog! It has been a year since Lime Kettles was created from the ashes of my original blog "ClayInfinity.com - Fact or Fiction".



My first posting was way back in June 2003. A massive 3 years ago and then went into hiatus for a while before I uncovered the Blogger site and began ClayInfinity via the good people of Blogger.



Of course, the site paused for a long time for reasons I can't recall until I reconstitued my account in June 2005 and then rejigged the site format and template completely on 7 June 2005. One year ago today.

From those early days of 2003 to today, I have been asked why do I do this? The answer for that is long and complex. I originally decided I wanted to learn html programming and try it out, but that became rather boring for doing it and I needed a good reason why. Having said that, delving into html back then was something that has led me to try alot of stuff in the technology space and I guess my "geekiness" has evolved from that.



At a deeper level, I guess I wanted to say things. Not to a particular audience, but just because I wanted to say things. I used to have a "Rants" section on my old tripod site and I would vent away for no reason. Looking back on it now, I guess it was kind of silly. Today though I blog more as a daily record of my life. I have no real motivation than to perhaps record things for the future... I do think that in the future, will my girls be able to look back and see things in chronological order from their childhood? It's an interesting notion... that instead of the "photo wall" at their 21st's that I present for them blog items.



So in that aim, and I may make this an annual event, I present below a collage of happy snaps from the past 12 months. Some have been posted here before, but others havent. They're in a rough chronological order over the past year, and when I put these together, it was good to have a reason to go over the photos. Niki is the person who is the photo keeper at our place and has the "scrap booking bug" so I guess this is my electronic version of the same.







.




So finally, now that you've indulged my little post of relection, I'd like to thank Niki for her support and her constant readership. I'd like to thank all of my regular contributors some of whom I know in real life, some I know via the internet and some who have just passed through on a web surf and left their tiny piece of commentary... thank you to you all.



As for the next 12 months, as long as I am sitting on that damn train, I won't see any reason not to keep jotting down things. Can't say that the quality is going to improve, but at least the quantity won't ease up.



Clay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy "Birthday"!!!

Here's to many more!

Anonymous said...

congrats clay. always nice to see what's happening in the old country. keep up the good work.

sc