Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rude People Can All Go And Get F#....D

On the train, but running slightly late and had to catch it up at Emu Plains… and I was thinking on the 10min drive to Emu what I could write about as my life has been consumed by the World Cup.  But this morning as I got on the train, I found my subject.

A guy was lying with his head against the glass not two rows in front of me with sunglasses on seemingly asleep.  He had headphones on and they were so loud that the whole carriage resonated with heavy metal music.  You know when you hear muffled music – you get the bass beat and the “doof doof” effect… but this was heavy metal so it was sort of like a machine of some sort revving its engine.

Anyways I, being the first one onto the carriage at Emu, get the shits instantly.  How rude to have the quiet solitude of a mountains train ruined by one tosser and his death metal mute music.  I sit down a couple of rows back and am glad I have my own headphones that I can drown out his rubbish (not quite – with my headphones on, I can hear his between songs despite the lumps of plastic in my ears).  Finally a guy sits next to him and in short time politely taps him on the arm and asks if he can turn down his music.

“Fuck off!  Get your own headphones!” is the response.

Now the carriage has this air of tension in it not made any better by the rolling death metal thrash bass line we can all hear.  “Budda-dah Budda-dah Budda-dah dah dah dah Budda-dah” etc etc.

Finally my laptop fires up and I get my own music playing and can leave that behind.

But in general, I have found that people are losing respect for each other.  Don’t want to sound prissy, but seriously what would it hurt to turn your headphones down a few notches.

Anyways, that’s my little rant over with… you’re lucky I didn’t rant about the injustice Australia faced at the World Cup yesterday which has now spilt over to Harry Kewell being shown to present why he shouldn’t be punted from the Cup…

Listening – The Cure’s “Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me” slightly (only just) louder than normal mixed with a Death Metal beat

No comments: