Thursday, August 24, 2006

Feeling Seedy

Had one of those days yesterday that was more about eating and drinking than actually working.  Firstly, I had lunch at Nicks Seafood at Cockle Bay yesterday which resulted in getting back the office after 4pm.  There was a fair amount of work stuff covered, but the 2 bottles of wine and 2-3 beers (pre lunch beers and after lunch “cleansers”) meant that when I did get back to the office I was quite happy to sit at the desk and skim emails without getting too deeply engrossed in technical stuff….

This was followed by a night out with “Foolwholaughsatdeath” who is a regular commenter on this site and he was out from San Francisco.  I have known Fool via playing Blood Bowl online for the past 2yrs or so and it was interesting in meeting people face to face for the first time.  He’s out with his wife and daughter doing a New Zealand / Australia tour which will take him all the way up to Cairns by the end of it (he flew into Melbourne and is working his way north) and to be honest makes me fairly jealous.

Joined by Chris “gumbi” Delaney, we had a few beers at Paddy Maguires which was right near Chinatown and then walked into there for a meal.  Meal included another beer or two and then was followed up by a few beers at some pub on the corner of Hay and Dixon – by this stage we weren’t really caring where.

Wasn’t an awfully late night – I got the 10pm train home – but given the lunch, drinks, dinner, drinks of my day I was very tired on the train and crashed out as soon as I got home.

But this morning though I feel rather worse for wear.  An early start, I’m on the 6:50am and couldn’t face breakfast and don’t really feel 100%... Must have been that dodgy Chinese food :-)

No comments: