Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Beer & Light Bulbs

Realised when I got on the train last night home that all my folders in my Outlook were no longer “available offline” as I hadn’t set my laptop properly to run remotely from the network.  You’d think that any IT dept worth its salt would set up a new laptop so that a user can read emails etc in an offline mode.  So at the moment, from an email and file network perspective, my laptop makes a good paperweight.

I will fix this up today.

Which is a good thing because I have been meaning to write about this for a while and saw it again this morning.  Origin Energy are giving away lightbulbs in train stations. Saw it at Town Hall this morning.  The catch is, you have to line up and fill in a form of some sort before they give you a sample of their light bulbs.  Why is that?  Why in the hell would someone line up in a 10 deep queue to get a free box of light bulbs?

Seems incredibly odd and something I wouldn’t do…

On the social news today, regular contributor to Lime Kettles – Foolwholaughsatdeath – is in town from San Francisco and I am catching up with him for a beer.  Any SWL / fumbblers out there keen for a beer, let me know… details in the Forum à  

 

1 comment:

Clay said...

Yes, but why the form? I hate on principal people collecting your data for future (annoying) use.