Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday - Big Weekend Ahead

A very busy week comes to a close.  I found myself at midnight last night working on emails from home and am getting quietly snowed… Hopefully things will ease up in the next week or so, but I doubt it :-(

Am going to have to address with work why I spend 10-12 hrs physically in the office per day and yet still find myself behind or playing catchup despite doing “extra bits” like answering emails at midnight.  I’m not alone though as the emails I was answering were sent to me around 10:30pm by work colleagues in Sydney.  I guess we’re all busy!

But Friday posts are generally concerned with the weekend and this weekend have a big one planned.  Saturday morning I will be looking after the girls and we are planning a trip to the Blaxland City Library.  Going to get the girls library cards and Kate is going through a crazy reading stage in which she can never have too many books.  She has a party to goto at lunchtime, so that will be the mornings task!

Then the weekend turns very much into a boys weekend with firstly my good mate Joe’s Bux Night.  Joey is finally getting married and has led a full and exciting single life, but he has finally found a wonderful girl in Rosa and we plan to send him off in a big way.  There will be a BBQ, Beer, “entertainment” and then a hire bus into the Rocks and a 3am pickup and drop off by the same said bus.  In between, there will be much laughter and catching up with mates…. I love nights like these.

Sunday, bleary eyed and ill, I will be going to Tommy’s house for a gathering of gamers for a general “games day”.  Tommy has the board game bug big time and a number of people are coming around to play whatever he has.  Apart from concerns re hangovers, it will be a great day of dice, chips, beer and laughs.  Maybe not the beer…

Note to self, must take the camera and take photos… if I remember, look forward to a photo expose next week :)

No comments: