Monday, August 21, 2006

A hasty recap of the weekend...

On the late train this morning, which is packed, and am pretty tired after a long weekend of merriment.

To recap the weekend, yes I took the girls to Blaxland Library and signed them up.  They were allowed to borrow up to 10 books each (!!!) but we stuck to 5 each and the girls had a real ball sitting in the library on bean bags reading books.  I too signed up and now have a library card and went hunting for some sci-fi / fantasy genre… picked up two novels, one by Turtledove and one by Eric Lustbader… names of the novels escape me.

Took Kate to her birthday party and Brooke and I went to the local park and had hot chips under a shady tree before walking through the local markets.  Brooke rummaged through the trinket jewellery but had her eyes on a wooden jigsaw puzzle that was in the shape of a dolphin.  A little treat for her…

Niki came back in the afternoon after her scrapbooking day which she really enjoyed and then I set off on the bux night.

The Bux Night went off without a hitch and we had a great time.  Started with a BBQ at the best mans place and of course the obligatory “entertainment” before we headed onto a full size city bus which we had hired and into the Rocks.  Joe (the buck) had invited his brothers and his younger brother’s mates (all around 19-20yrs old) were up to no good basically trying to pick up anything (and I mean anything!) that moved.  We old stagers paced ourselves on the beers and as we went from pub to pub basically had a whole bunch of laughs.  Bus pick up time was 2:30am and it all got a bit blurry for me as my head filled up with beer but I remember stopping at Auburn McDonalds were we impressed the locals with singing and dancing and a 3am call to Niki to let her know I was fine and having a good time… I am sure she appreciated the info :-).

Sunday morning was a world of hangover but that was cured by Joe’s bride to be setting us on our way with fried eggs and bacon with juice and coffee.  I then went onto a games day at my mate Tommy’s place where 5 of us gathered to play some new board games… The highlight was “Betrayal at the House on the Hill”.  Highly recommended game to play with 4-5 people.

By 6:30pm I was home and very tired… At least now I can rest here in the office! LOL!

 

1 comment:

Chunky said...

If you can find them Clay, check out the Malazan Tales of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson.