Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Wrap...

Weird feeling this morning… Today is going to my only real day in the office this week (am in for a half day Wednesday) but because of business travel, today will be my only full day until Tuesday next week.  Am out on site tomorrow, am traveling to Bowral on Wednesday afternoon for a work conference through to Friday, then a wedding in Shepparton in Victoria on the weekend, followed by a Monday annual leave day.  So my motivation for today is not that high!

Weekend was a pretty quiet one.  Did a quick tidy up of the lawns on Saturday followed by lunch at my place with Mum & Dad.  Saturday night Niki went out for a school trivia night whilst I stayed at home and watched the St George game.

Sunday was a 1yr old birthday party for my mate Mazo’s son at Glenmore Park, so only 10mins down the road.  Saw most of my old mates from uni days and we promised to catch up around Xmas time.  And that’s about it… nothing real exciting!

I did watch a movie which I downloaded – “V For Vendetta” with is it Natalie Portman?  Not a bad movie actually… one of those political ideology movies which is set into the future but makes you wonder about your own government of the day.  Set in Britain too rather than the US made it a better movie from the start as well… Won’t win any awards, but not a bad one at all.  Good one for DVD.

I am into downloading movies at the moment.  After watching Wolf Creek and now V For Vendetta, I am grabbing movies that I wouldn’t normally go to the movies to see and ones that Niki may not be particularly interested in and watching them on the PC.  Last night I downloaded “Silent Hill” which looks like a scary zombie fest movie with very little plot… but the trailer looked good, so why not :-)

 

No comments: