Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Catz Jackers

Well the Diplomacy Game is well underway and I am very happy to report that all players have been chatty via email and all players seem to know what they’re doing and are enthusiasts for the game.  Playing Russia I seem to have attracted correspondence from every player and all of it has been extremely well written tactical advice and propositions.  I am glad that the turn-around time for move submission is 2 weeks and not 1 as I am used to normally.

I am the only Aussie in the game with one American (based in Oklahoma) and the rest being Brits but one of those is living in Japan.  The GM is Dutch so it really has a global feel to the game.  Every time I log into my email acct, I seem to have new messages!  All very interesting.

In other news around the place, my little kitten which is now as big as an adult cat, is going into the vets today for the big snip.  Charlie the Cat has been terrorising the house and jumping out at the girls and has been going a bit stir crazy.  In addition, he has developed the biggest set of Nads I have ever seen on a cat.  He’s like a rogue bull and its been pretty funny.  The vet has said to keep him inside until he recovers from the snip, but once done I hope his “primitive urges” will subside and he’ll become a bit more placid.  He is maturing though in other ways and does have his moments when he’ll sit quietly in the lounge room or snuggle up to the girls while they sleep, but generally he is scrambling around the house looking like he’s on a big game hunt.  Also, the scratching pole and sleeping platform that we bought for him – dead set useless.  Our lounge has borne the brunt of his claws.  My advice for those who get a new kitten… save your money on scratch poles and keep it to pay for re-upholstering.

No comments: