Thursday, September 21, 2006

Holidays and Antics

Well I have had my annual leave approved.  I will be off work from 27 Sept to 10 Oct.  Am so much looking forward to 2 weeks of doing not much at all.  For most of that time, the girls will be on school holidays and we will do some day trips to the beach etc but other than that there are no solid plans.  I want to get in and do things like getting the lawn back into shape and we should plant some more plants in the garden.  I am keen to go bushwalking as well – take the kids on some expeditions and also do some long distance walking myself.  Also have to consider getting the car(s) ready to sell and may take some time to visit some dealers (yech!).

In addition, social times with friends, a game day or two, and hopefully watching St George win the NRL Grand Final.  It all sounds like a loose plan!

Speaking of St George, I will be heading out to the Grand Final qualifier with my mate Noyz on Saturday night against the evil that is the Melbourne Storm.  I am quietly confident and as Coach Brown has been dictating – we’re all very relaxed!  Its funny though because each season I get excited about Saints’ prospects and the so called “best roster on paper” and every season I get terribly excited and stressed and when the defeat comes its devastating.  This season however, its more back of mind for me, more of something that I am not overly thinking about and hence if Saints were to lose on Saturday night it will be disappointing, but in my mind not unexpected (Melbourne were clear Minor Premiers for a reason).  So, we’ll see where we are come Sunday morning…

Which will be my Games Day!  On Sunday, I am hosting about 5-6 people for a games day and Tommy will be bringing his kit bag of various board games.  I want to have another crack at Betrayal on the House on the Hill, plus I think I will play Settlers of Catan for the first time…. There will be about half a dozen games to choose from and maybe some split sessions.  Some of the guys will be coming up on the train and it should be good fun.  Details are in the Lime Kettles Forum (which now is correctly linked).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you should have time to fit in a long weekend stopover in london on the 7th. see ya there!!

sc