Friday, September 29, 2006

Holiday Blog Post

Been a rather hectic 2 1/2 days of leave so far...

Spent Wednesday driving around getting the kids too and from school,
Kate had an orthodontic appointment and then there was dancing for
Brooke in the afternoon. Yesterday was more of the same with kids
ferrying but Niki and I were able to have a nice morning with coffee at
one of the local café's. I spent the afternoon out in the garden giving
the lawns a dose of "Weed & Feed" and also trimmed some of the hedges.

Then last night was Kate's Big Variety Night at Glenbrook Public
School. It was an open entry from all the kids in the school and she
tried out and got selected. It was a brave thing to do because she did
a self-choreographed routine with pom-poms to Kenny Loggins' Footloose.
She got up there on her own and did her stuff in front of a few hundred
parents and teachers and school mates. She made us very proud and every
kid got a certificate and she was wrapped. We celebrated a little last
night with pizza which was her choice.




Today I am home now, but was up early to drop my car in to get a tyre
puncture repaired at Bob Jane which ended up with a whole set of new
tyres as a) the repair was unable to be done and b) 1 other tyre was
un-roadworthy and the other 2 were well on their way to being out.
Given we're planning on selling the Ford soon, I said "whats the
cheapest" and I bought some dodgy brand for $149 a tyre which added up
to $680 with balancing & alignment and the various enviro levies.

Did my tax return as well though while I waited and we've managed a nice
return which will be handy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If anyone is looking to book a hotel in these areas I would highly recommend http://www.wwhat.com The staff are very friendly and made booking my holiday a breeze!