Sunday, September 17, 2006

Long Weekend, Cricket Season Starts

After an impromptu day off Friday to attend to some family things, I had
a three day weekend. Friday wasn't exciting... mowed the lawns and then
picked the kids up from school before settling in to watch my beloved
Dragons win 28-0 over Manly! Happy Days!!

Saturday was supposed to be the day I went to the accountant and did my
tax return, but for the life of us we couldn't find my Group
Certificate. I distinctly recall bringing it home from work and saying
"this is important, need to keep it safe" and that was the last I saw of
it... will need to get another one printed from work and I ended up
rescheduling my tax appointment.

The afternoon saw us debut our cricket season and we took on Hills
Barbarians in a ridiculously short (31 overs a side) one day game.
Until daylight saving kicks in, one day games are a real lottery. We
did well though we bowled Hills out for 120 in the 30th over and in
failing light set upon our chase. Yours truly opened the innings and am
happy to report that I carried the bat through as we went along better
than 7 an over to score 1/128 in 17 overs. I finished 44 not out, big
Nick Nardo scored 54 not out with plenty of boundaries in that and Will
Graham was the man out for 20.

Considering I hadn't picked up a bat since the semi final of last
season, I was happy to get some runs... including two nice sixes! Next
week we're at Daniel Street against the Pendle Hill Colts.

Sunday was a home day and as I write this, am sore as a bugger as we
spent the day weeding the gardens. Our garden looks nice but just needs
that thorough spruce up every so often. Combined with cricket in which
I was on the field all day and the gardening, I sure am feeling it
tonight...

No comments: