Thursday, September 14, 2006

Taking A Break...

Received my monthly payslip yesterday (thank god, it was a 5 ½ week month this month) and I noticed something.  I have accrued 243.57 hrs of annual leave.  That is a tick over 30 working days or 6 weeks of annual leave.  It dawned on me that I haven’t had a holiday since last Christmas which whilst is a good time, is also a stressful time with all the hullabaloo of Xmas and New Year.  So I made an executive decision to take some time off later this month / early October.  School holidays are on soon, so I am thinking a week with the kids and a week with the kids at school.

But now that this realisation has dawned on me, its pretty much all I can think about.  We wont be going away though, its just too tight on the money front, but to have 2 weeks away from work with nothing doing will be excellent.

Sounds like a plan…

 

4 comments:

Chunky said...

I happen to be going to be in Sydney for the week after MOAB for holidays Clayif you're interested perhaps having a bash of something at some stage.

Clay said...

Well I intend to have a bit of time up my sleeve for gaming pursuits...

I didnt know MOAB was so soon!

I am still waiting for my cricket draw to find out when my two BYES in the season are and hope (fingers crossed) they correlate with MOAB and/or Powerfist.

Anonymous said...

"2 weeks away from work with nothing doing will be excellent."

Famous last words, I bet the misses will have plenty of things you can do in all your spare time. Mow the lawns, trim them bushs, fix this, fix that.

-OB

Anonymous said...

Power Fist is November 11 and 12. MOAB is Sept 30-Nov 1. I will miss MOAB as I am goingto AFL Grand Final! (gig)

But will indeed be at PowerFist..you should see the "trophey"!!!

But if you just have days off with nothing to do...we could certainly get some daytime Adventure Palace action happening!