Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Memorial to Mammaries

Again, I feel derelict in my blog duties today as I am too engrossed in either a) work or b) my Stephen King novel to write on the train…

Having come in and been in an all morning meeting and then a bit of lunch, I have come back here and realised that no blog posting was done…

Ummmm, sorry!

I guess what has been front of mind lately in the news front and something I probably want to comment a bit on in more detail in the future is that the 5th anniversary of 9/11 has come and gone with a lot of rhetoric from both sides of the divide.  George W said his bit, Osama released another of his hit al-Jazeera videos and everyone looks around nervously at Muslims with backpacks.

The world is a sad place at the moment and when you talk about life pre-9/11 it was all so much more simpler.  But today, being the 13th here and the 12th in the US, the day after 9/11 memorials, we have Brittney Spears’ baby and Anna Nicole Smiths’ son dying as the most important news items of the day.  Another day at the office for the resident hack tabloid press…

No comments: