Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend Blues

Had a great weekend this weekend with a big work night our Friday with cricket and then the NRL Final on Saturday night followed by a Games Day at our place yesterday.

The only issue was however that a) I got a golden duck opening the batting on Saturday.  First ball of the innings and I failed to move my feet (was it lingering effects of the big night Friday?) and bang, off stump gone.  Greystanes 1/0.  We batted OK to recover, but failed at the death and were all out for 128 and Pendle Hill are 2/54 in reply.

Then I went to the NRL and saw Saints not play badly, but didn’t play well enough to win and we got steam rolled 24-10.  Noyz (who’s a Parra fan) went with me and was good enough to sit with me with the Dragon Army and despite it being a high class game of football, there is little consolation in that and once again Saints fail at the Prelim Final.  Bugger.

Then Sunday, lucky we were playing board games, because we lost power at about 1:30pm and the lights didn’t come back on until 9ish.  Niki, the girls and I had left over salad and sausages for dinner by candle light and the girls basically went to sleep around 7.  I fell asleep too on the lounge and woke up at about 8:30 thinking of going to bed but I went for a drive to see where the outages were.  Heaps of trees on the roads but some sections of Glenbrook had power and some were dark and even my own estate was 50-50.  The people around the corner and up the hill a bit had power.  So I went back home and Niki and I chatted instead of going to bed and sure enough the lights came on soon after.  Every clock is out, and I had to fix up the computer and then print Kate’s homework assignment and coupled with the nap I had earlier in the evening, I was wide awake at midnight.  Bugger.

Two days at work though, then its holidays :-)

No comments: