Friday, November 24, 2006

The Ashes Commence

Well, back in the office today, but I drove in as we’re off to the A-League tonight to see Sydney vs Queensland. Got some free tickets via work and Niki and the girls are coming in…

Today though is a sporty theme as I want to comment on the start of the Ashes…

Top marks to Australia. They showed how prepared they were mentally and they were brilliant. But what about England?! That Steve Harmison would have to be the biggest choker going around. How many times in his career has he started jittery? I have seen him bowl 11 ball overs in the past and yesterdays opening ball really did set the tone. England were very stodgy and if they’re relying on Flintoff with the ball, then they’re in for a long summer. Yes, I am probably regurgitating the mainstream press today as there isn’t much to write about when the home team racks up 3/346 but I hope Australia bat until tea today and that Ponting is there at the close.

Go the Punter!

No comments: