Monday, November 27, 2006

Hobbits Go Back To Work

The weekend is over already and it feels like it hardly started… Monday’s come around very quickly!

The weekend though was very full and busy.  Friday night we all went to the soccer and saw Sydney FC play Queensland.  Niki had never been before but it was a great night and the girls were into it with their flags and face painting.  I think because soccer is an easy game to comprehend rules wise (don’t use your hands, kick it into the goal) the girls could understand it.  They were also into the sing-along chants of the Sydney FC fans in The Cove and we had a great time.

Saturday saw me wanting to head out in the morning and do a lot of errands so I took the girls out with me and got my suits dry cleaned, the car washed, a few nick-nacks at the shops and went hunting for my work Christmas Party costume.  The theme is “The Land of Make Believe” and I pretty early on decided to go as something out of Lord of the Rings.  After little debate, I have decided to go as a Hobbit.  I have ¾ shorts, I bought a cheap white cotton button down shirt, hired a cloak, belt, sword and vest for the night (only $22) and bought for $4 a set of Elf ears from the costume hire place.  All set and done… and the best thing is I get to go bare feet!  Will fluff up the hair a bit on the night and I am debating how to tackle the “hairy feet” issue… my feet aren’t hairy so I am debating to either do nothing or glue some hideous merkin like thing onto my feet… probably go with the do nothing option, but any ideas welcome.

Sunday morning went to Niki’s parents to help set up their new plasma TV… I am hopeless with home electronics and have no idea what all the cables mean, but we got all the TV channels locked in and learnt how to switch from Digital to Analogue.  Could only pick up the Nine and Seven channels on the DTV (I thought ABC had a digital station?) and 10, SBS and the community channels are on the analogue.  Confusing as all hell this stuff (for me anyway) but its working now.  Lunch time was spent at a BBQ with all my old uni friends and was very relaxing… so relaxing that when we got home Niki suggested I take it easy and watch the cricket and the next thing I was being woken up after 2+ hrs of a nap… very hobbit like!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are two ABC channels on digital.

-OB