Thursday, November 30, 2006

Car Update

Am writing this on the train home this evening as opposed to in as I am driving in in the morning… The guys from Quality Auto Search are coming out to inspect our Ford with a view to trade in value.  Need to get $8,600 for it and a used car of this make and model sells for around $10-11K… give or take.  It’s a bit beat up and tired looking, but runs well (the brakes are probably close to the end of their life though) and the rego is good for another 10mths.

So I will drive in tomorrow, they’re coming to the office in the mid-morning and I will drive back home in the evening.  On Friday, I will train it in, but I have a Camry Ateva for loan for the weekend!  So I will drive it around on the weekend, return it on Monday and hopefully have a Mazda 6 to try as well.  Mazda are also starting a sale this weekend for the base model plus a few features for $28,600 drive away… considering the recommended retail price is around $33K, that’s a good deal and I made the guy aware of that today… he’ll be coming back with a Mazda test drive details later this week and also is going to start sharpening the pencil on price.

This is all good, but I am a bit worried about the trade in… I guess I cant see why anyone would buy a 2001 Ford with 99,000 km’s on the clock…I presume someone will, but I am always the pessimist when it comes to cars.

I must admit, this is the easiest way to buy / sell a car and so far, its all good.

No comments: