Thursday, November 30, 2006

Some Blog Tweaks

I have done some tweaking tonight and you may see the following things:

  1. A new Icon should be in your browser bar and for Firefox users in your Bookmarks... may need to enter Lime Kettles via the book mark to refresh it and ensure the little lime kettle shows up :-)
  2. A "Label Cloud" over on the right hand side... think its better than the label listing. Also have reorganised the nav panels over there in a better order.
  3. Pull Quotes. See the posting below re the Blood Bowl tourney to get an example of this... they're fiddly to put in, but I think they look good... will make use of them from time to time.
  4. Pictures. Have added a picture for the first time since I upgraded to Blogger Beta. Not sure if I like the look, nor is it easier. I can post using Picasa 2 if I upgraded my O/S to WinXP or better... it embarrasses me that I am still on Win98SE
  5. "Recent Comments" added on the nav panel. The most recent comments posted will be shown here. Please try and use a "name" rather than Anonymous. First names are fine :-) I will see how that looks as the Comments come in, but it doesnt back track and get old comments... so comments only from NOW (hint).
Let me know what you think of the changes! Let me know if it looks broken in any way and let me know what browser you're using and resolution etc etc.

Thanks,
Clay

2 comments:

Andrew B said...

Hi Clay,

I really enjoy reading your blog and like the look of it too.

Was just wondering how you did the Label Cloud.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Clay said...

Hi Andrew,

Glad you like reading my blog :)

I first found the concept of a Label Cloud here BlogU.

Hope you can get it to work for you too... if not send me an email via the link on Lime Kettles and I will help you out.

Cheers,
Clay