Tuesday, January 23, 2007

CanCon 2007

Something that has slipped up very quickly is the fact that CanCon 2007 is on again this long weekend and I will be heading down to Canberra to take part in the Blood Bowl Nationals.

For those who recall from my postings last January, CanCon 2006 was the scene for my “Worst Gaming Experience I Ever Had” but this year, I am prepared.  From what I can gather, my antagonist isn’t registered this year, but if he is I hope I get to play him again – and I will give him a big hug post match!

Again, due to a non-existent painting program this year, I will be backing up with the Dwarves that have done me so well in the past.  This will probably be the last time they get a run for a while given that I have numerous other teams to paint!

This year is slightly different though as I will be heading down to Canberra on my own and not with Niki & The Girls.  With a wedding in Coffs Harbour in March and the recent holidays, we just couldn’t justify the costs of accommodation and entertainment for the girls… particularly given I am staying at a fellow gamers place for nil cost (thanks Bart!).

So, this week at home I need to get my miniatures sorted, team sheets printed and bags packed for a weekend of gaming, gaming and more gaming.

Even the evenings are being booked out with game nights with some board games being arranged and even the odd beer or three… may be a very tiring expedition!

No comments: