Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Show

Much to Niki's chagrin, I was a bit of a cranky bastard about the Easter Show yesterday, but I am happy to report all went well and it wasn't as bad as I thought... the kids had a fantastic time and whilst my feet do hurt, I've had worse.

We arrived at 9:00am and didn't leave until 9:30pm and saw as much as we could see in all that time. The late afternoon onward was spent in the main Arena and we saw Polo, Horse Judging, Rodeo, motocross and stunt car driving and the lady being shot from a cannon.

The girls through the day got their faces painted, had rides, ate ice cream, bought furry hats, saw animals from Guinea Pigs to Hereford Bulls and we saw a Pig in labour and a lone new born piglet.

Kate trod in cow shit, wiped it off her shoe with her hand and tried to wipe it off her hand onto her leg and then totally lost it! As she screamed, we laughed... which didnt make it better particularly when I assured her with all the sincerity I could muster that it was "mostly grass".

We saw the produce and the displays and I ate a scoop of 10++ chilli without having given much thought to have water on hand.

We talked to the Blue Haven people and realised we needed a lazy $40K to get a pool...

We bought show bags with Bratz and Barbie being the pick of the bunch for the girls.

I ate my traditional Dagwood Dog put we mostly ate packed food... the place is very expensive with everything seemingly costing $4. Dagwood Dog $4, Hot Chips $4, Ice Cream Cone $4, Soft Drink $4, Fairy Floss $4.... weird.

But, as with everything, pictures tell a story... so here are some happy snaps.






Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family looks lovely as always Clay, and you're looking good as well. Are my eyes deceiving me, or have you lost a fair bit of weight recently?

All the best.. hope you win the tourney, don't slap any hands away this time and you might get better marks for sportsmanship. :D

Clay said...

A smidgen >.<