Monday, April 30, 2007

Ooh Aaah - a Weekend of Farce

I personally had a very good weekend... very relaxing and gave Niki the day to herself while she went out scrap-booking and I had the kids to myself.  We went out for a big brekkie at a local cafe and then after all the bacon, eggs and sausages had settled down we went down to the roller skating rink at Penrith where for 3 hours the girls skated and skated and skated.  They had a great time and for $8 for 3hrs (plus skate hire if you need it) and realistic food prices (drinks $2 and chips $1.80) you can spend an afternoon doing sweet FA whilst the kids had a great time.  I personally didnt skate, but maybe next time...

But what I really want to write about today is the bloody Cricket World Cup Final!  How ridiculous was it!  Imagine playing the end of the game in the dark?  I was watching it live on Sunday morning and I couldnt believe that the umpires wanted to play it out?  I thought the Duckworth Lewis scoring system was supposed to stop all this shenanigans?  (If you have no idea what I am talking about, read this)

But anyway, at least the best team did win and Glenn McGrath went out on the best note possible.  Even though he didnt take more wickets than Shane Warne or Murali, I still tend to rate him the better bowler overall.  To open the bowling for Australia for so long and really keep opposing teams under the hammer over such a long career, McGrath showed time and time again that he is (was) the best of all time.  From day 1 through to yesterday, he had a metronomic action that churned out line and length balls that batsman repeatedly couldnt hit... in my mind, he is the greatest bowler of all time.

Ooh Aah Glenn McGrath!

No comments: