Monday, May 14, 2007

A better way?

A very busy weekend just finished and I am back at the desk with the aircon still on the blink - I see a new vent above my head, but no air is coming out and the temp in the office is getting warmer as the sun streams in through my north facing window... great view, but I have the blinds down to keep the heat out (well thats what I keep telling myself as I sweat here at 10am).

I have seriously been thinking of doing something different with my life.

That is a large statement to write down and that simple sentence really looks stark and confronting... but we went up to Leura yesterday and pottered around the village and had a nice lunch and enjoyed the fresh air.  A quick look into the real estate windows shows you can get a nice cottage house with well kept gardens for sub $300K... would mean not being able to work in the city anymore and hence the corporate income would stop... but then so would the requirement to service a large mortgage...

So, half the income, half the bills... mmm... sounds promising!

But then the alarm goes off this morning and the working week starts and you have to be on the train and I have to get to the office and sit in the heat and punch away on a keyboard and answer emails and push paper and ring people and do the "work" things...

And then I think I could be sitting at my cottage in the warm winter sun... writing a book or something in tune with my gaming passion... tough choices. But is it doable?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes. believe in the other side :)