Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hell is Freezing Over - Aircon is working...

They finally have the new aircon system online… they turned it on this morning and just now, I can start feeling cool air at my desk.  You cannot believe how much of an impact small things like aircon can impact the enthusiasm for work.  Yesterday we had no aircon and we had no toilets on our floor for some reason (the bathroom was full of workmen with copper pipes and arc welding equipment).  So yesterday not only was it hot, I had to take a lift to another floor to take a piss… brilliant!

All seems well today, but given this building I am in is 40 years old or so, it wont be long before something else breaks….

I mentioned yesterday as well that I wanted to do something else… well I have thought about it and have done some research and whilst I am about a hundred years of chucking in my job, I have been giving some thought to doing some creative writing and trying to get some d20 game material (Dungeons & Dragons) published.

I have been playing D&D for 20 years and I have had my fair share of ideas spin around my head so I am going to as a hobby try and get some of it published… several companies in the RPG area are advertising for submissions and I may have a crack at it.

You never know, I may just be good at it or it may be a little hobby sideline that seems me earn a few bob on the side…. At the moment it's not a career thing, but a "lets see where this goes" kind of thing.

No comments: