Thursday, May 03, 2007

End of Pandora

I use quite heavily the website Pandora to listen to tailored radio streams.  Its a great service, and has been running for many years after it was commenced as part of the Music Genome Project.

I received an email from Pandora yesterday stating that due to US Legislation changes they can no longer offer Pandora outside of the US.  As an Aussie, that means me!

I cannot follow this legislation, but there is a petition and a blog link trying to explain it all...

If you're a Pandora listener, you should have received a similar email to me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe all u might have to do is put USA as your country in your registration.

Tom Conrad said...

Hi Clay,

Just wanted to drop a note to say how sorry we are about this turn of events. Believe me it's the last outcome we wanted.

We'll continue to work on international rights in the hopes of being able to make Pandora available again in Australia at some point in the future. Thanks for listening and for understanding,

Tom
CTO @ Pandora