Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lets Call It Now

Well it appears as though the budget announced last week has failed to stir the people to give John Howard another term (not that he'd be fulfilling it)…

I don't get all this rubbish about it being close and will come down to the wire.  The truth is the Australian Liberal Party will very shortly be absent from any major political office in the country.  I am not sure if this has happened before, but by years end all States and the Federal Parliaments will be held by Labor.  Where does this leave us though?  Whilst I have never been a fan of Liberal policies, you do need a strong opposition to keep the governing party honest.

If we have no opposition, then too much power can be a bad thing as well.  You can imagine where we'd all be if the states had been Liberal in the past 5 years!

But having said that, having an ageing old man with 1950's values who lies through his teeth constantly has cost this country more than enough.  Whilst I have my concerns, lets ring through the changes and get this election over with!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

johny H for life mate. I am looking forward to voting for them agian.