Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Day of the Zombie

Today is a horrendous day... not because of some dire event other or anything like that, just that I had only 3-4 hrs sleep last night, was on the train at 5:20am to be at a breakfast meeting at 7am and have a number of important meetings today and a cocktail function starting at 5:30 that will probably mean I wont be home until 9:30pm tonight!  I then have an 8am meeting tomorrow morning, so the potential for a good night sleep is tonight is restricted!

The reason for my lack of sleep is comical however... got home last night realising I needed to get up at 4:30 this morning and was looking for a very early night... ate dinner, started to chat to Niki about the home refinance and was planning to be in bed a short time later.  Then a knock on the door startled us and it was my next opponent in Blood Bowl!  I had totally forgotten I had booked a game for my local league to be played on Monday night!  Flustered and apologetic I invited Mark in and thought "there goes my sleep".  A game goes for typically 2-3 hrs, so I thought we could be done by 11pm, but alas it was a very tense game, lots of action, and some unusual events (Pitch Invasions, Riots) plus the game was played in the pouring rain which effected the rules and added complexity and to top it off Mark was a patient player who planned his moves over in his head before doing much on the board.

End result, I won 3-2 at 12:30am this morning!!

Dashed to bed, couldnt sleep because I was impatient about getting to sleep and then the next thing I know the alarm is going off... 4:30am!  Rise and Shine!

It is now 11:30am... have had 4 coffees already (3 at breakfast, one from the shop) and I am worried that I may fall asleep at the cocktail function tonight....

Self inflicted I know, but it was all my fault... I had in my head the game was on Thursday... whats that thing they say that you can only remember 7 things in your active memory?  I think I was trying for 8 and blew a gasket :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the late night Clay. Was an awesome game though!!
--Mark--