Monday, July 30, 2007

First Weekend of Freedom

Am currently unemployed for a week before I start my new job... sorry for the lack of posts, but things have been all over the place lately... when I get back into a routine of commuting and working, I am sure I will get back into meatier postings.

This weekend though I did head down for the Eucalyptus Bowl which turned out to be the largest Blood Bowl tournament ever held in Australia.  46 coaches took part and it was massive.  Blue Mountain's local Paul "Creature" Morris won the tournament overall with his Dark Elves and the tournament was a great success.

I played my Dwarves yet again for a final go and took my Death Roller out for a spin.  Unfortunately I found my team because of the cost to field the Death Roller was so much was a pretty poor roster and I ended up finishing 32nd with 2 wins and 4 losses.  And my two wins were firstly from down 0-2 to arse a comeback of gigantic proportions and I won my last game vs Goblins and even that was a close game.

Overall, Euc Bowl again impressed me and the turn out was fantastic.  Credit to Richard & James for putting on the show and running it very well.  Prizes were fantastic as well and I was able to pick up some mini's as well second hand too.

No comments: