Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Last Days of Panic

Well, my working life at my current company expires tomorrow... its been a weird month and a half with lots of good time farewells and well wishes mixed with huge deadlines and I have probably worked harder this past month than I have for a good while.

My new employer is already in contact with me as well getting me up to speed with the new working environment and I am going to be going on a trip to Singapore and London after only being at the new place for 6 weeks... nothing forces you to learn about your new company quicker than them sending you around the world to represent them after you've only been there 6 weeks!  I will really need to hit the ground running.

However a new employer means a clean slate and I am thinking I might do a few things differently when I get there.  I am moving to North Sydney, so I will have to change my eating habits because there will be new places to go to, so I may as well try to eat for the better than rather than the coffee / toasted sandwiches plus pub fare of 2 times a week.

I also may use my increased cash flow to take the time to join a local gym in the area and go at lunch time.  I am sure a Fitness First or something may be around the area...

On top of this, I want to get to the office earlier and conversely leave earlier as well.  Whilst I am under no delusions, I am sure I can tweak my habits and body clock to perhaps be an early (earlier) riser and get on top of things in the AM rather than peaking in the afternoon and feeling like working until 7pm every night.

I also know that this blog has suffered in the past month or so as my life has turned into a major blur and I have really not done alot of commentary on some of the recent events.  Not that there is not alot to talk about!  I am bemused how Glenn Wheatley gets 15mths jail for tax fraud whereas a judge gets just 6mths for harbouring thousands of paedophilia images on his work PC.  Not quite right that!

Also, Johnny Howard falling over and forgetting names and answering questions in Parliament in a delusional fashion.... surely thats just a mark of stress and not Alzheimers right??  Yeah... its OK to elect elderly people to the highest office... yep, it sure is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep us in touch with joining and gym and how much they want to charge you - I'm just about to let go of my Fitness First membership which is at a very good rate