Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The wait drags on...

I am so trying to be productive at work... I have 3 weeks to go and a fair number of projects to wrap up, but sheesh its hard to stay focused.

One, you have so many social calls to make... people you want to tell the news to direct rather than have them hear it on the grapevine and then those who ring you when they have heard it on the grapevine... all this "so! where are you going?" chat takes up about 1-2hrs of my day.

Then there are the logistics to work out... superannuation, car lease, mobile phone etc all drag on.  I feel as though I am going to miss something out and it will cost me big time.

And then there is just the simple difficulty of staying keen and fresh.  People ringing you up for work issues and asking you to get involved in new stuff... to maintain that enthusiasm is difficult as well.

On top of all that though is the official and unofficial functions you end up having... drinks, dinners and lunches... I will need that week off just to detox I think!

Still... it could be worse!

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Pah! Phone calls? Nah. I'd be sending a mass email and waiting for them to call me!

Goreon said...

It's a tough life Clay. But if I were in your situation, I'd be delighted to be going. A fresh start is never a bad thing... it's what gives you drive and ambition.

Enjoy it mate and best wishes in your new job.

-DM

Anonymous said...

People are seriously asking you to get involved in new work projects when you will be leaving in a couple of weeks?? Seems kind of bold of them. Usually people are happy enough if the guy leaving tidies up the stuff he's got left on his plate and passes on a few tips to the new guy.

I'd take it easy, and if it gets stressful then focus on the alcohol. You got a good excuse : )