Saturday, February 07, 2009

Sorry for the lack of posts... here's why :-)

Yes, relocating to another country and leaving your family temporarily behind tends to take up most, if not all, of your time.

I know my postings have been few and far between and without any great depth, but I hope you can understand why.

I am now flying out Monday afternoon on Etihad Airways for Abu Dhabi.  The reason its Abu Dhabi and not Dubai (on Emirates) is because my company is an Abu Dhabi company and whilst I will be trying to live in Dubai I am being based at a very nice 5 star resort near Abu Dhabi until I do.  So I will be living close to work at Masdar City but a fair hike up the freeway to Dubai.  Given I want to buy a car and find a villa to rent, it will be difficult whilst staying in a lovely resort in the middle of nowhere!

I land on Monday night UAE time and I am expected in the office on Tuesday morning... straight into it!

But whilst I'm nervous like a kid starting school, I will be posting here updates of my travels and experiences... you can consider Lime Kettles now officially "On Tour"!

No comments: