Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Driving...

Have been here a couple of months and am still amazed at a) how smoothly the freeways run and b) how fast that people drive.

I was cruising at 160km/h the other day and before I knew it, 3 cars were on my arse, flashing their high beams and aggressively getting me to move over.  I was on a long straight (and I mean dead straight) road and I didn't even see them coming...

They flew past me like I was standing still and one of the cars was tailgating the lead car... very dangerous stuff.  If I was doing 160, they were surely doing 220....

And the thing was, they were Camry's and similar common sedans... its not like they were Ferrari's or anything.

Having said that the traffic flows well on the freeways and snarls are minimal... the system of 4-5 lane freeways with ALL trucks restricted to the slow lane and high speeds are so much better than the 2-3 lane M4 in Sydney with 90km zones.

I better watch myself when I go home... I am probably inclined to drive at 150km +


No comments: