Thursday, December 08, 2005

Things to do and do and do!

I’m sorry, but I am consistently thinking about my holidays to be worried about anything else at the moment… This weekend being my birthday weekend then a short fortnight at work before Xmas holidays means that I have not really given a rats arse about anything else.  Morris Iemma struggling to justify the PPP system (that’s Public-Private Partnerships to you lay folk) and the debacle that is the Cross City Tunnel hasn’t registered in my brain as something worth comment.  The funeral of Van Ngyuen… didn’t read much about it.  The trial of Saddam Hussein and his berating of the judge and the fact that the head of his defence team is actually an American (how ironic is that!) hasn’t caused me to vent on this blog either.

Instead its looking forward to my own time off and it basically starts this weekend!!  Birthday celebrations wont be excessive but will be extremely enjoyable!  Quiet night at home Friday, relaxing day looking after Brooke on Saturday whilst Kate and Niki slog it out at the dance rehearsals (Brooke will be finished by 10am).  Saturday night dinner with mum & dad in the city (Milsons at Milsons Point apparently – no little about it, nor do I care.  Its just a night out to relax!). Sunday at the Adventure Palace with my good friend Tommy Dean where I will give the HyperPitch a whirl… Sunday night with Niki’s family around the pool – may even take the swimmers myself for an evening dip.  Its all good!

Then not a lot (but enough) to do at work to wrap up the year which does include my end of year Performance Review.  Bonuses etc hinge on this, but at the half year I was looking very good and I certainly haven’t gone backwards, so that will be more a hassle than a worry.  Work Xmas functions a plenty with the major party being a 1920’s theme… I am on the lookout for a Fedora hat, some braces for my shirt and a matching bow tie… preferably white.  If you can help, let me know.

Then that’s it!  Holiday time!!  3 weeks of doing what we feel like!

Some of the geeky things though that I want to do in the break are:

·          Paint the remaining Dwarves for CanCon in January.

·          Switch ISP to iinet and get Broadband2 and a much larger plan than my current poxy Bigpond one.

·          Get D&D back up and running… my regular group hasn’t met for 6mths and I think I may want to start up a D&D group.  I have people like Tommy and FLo who played in my most recent group… plus some of the guys who have played with me for years from school days may want to play… plus anyone else who is keen.  So I will be looking for 4-5 players who want to meet once a month… let me know if you’re interested.

On top of that, I will be busy around the house… odd jobs that just need doing.  Plus of course “Day Trips” with the kids to the beach, the mountains, the city etc etc.  Don’t want to get caught in the tourist type things, but rather just hanging out and perhaps exploring Sydney a bit more.  Perhaps even a day fishing on a BBQ boat on the Hawkesbury!

 

2 comments:

Chunky said...

A couple of things I'd like to point out about the Cross City Tunnel - despite the fact its a travesty now, it may yet still prove to be good in the long run depending on how the traffic in that area grows (or not).

With respect to the PPP, its not those in themselves that are the problem - the contract was crap, and that was the problem. As long as the infrastructure is worthwhile (which at this point the CCT obviously wasn't), the very fact that it can be built is a good point in and of itself. RTA simply doesn't have enough money to do these things - they're getting cut back, despite ever increasing maintenance costs on our ageing infrastructure (thankyou Auslink agreement!)

I wouldn't mind having a crack at DnD, but the fact I'll be buggered off in 2.5 months kinda makes it a little pointless for me.

Anonymous said...

If i lived in Sydney Clay I would be there. play every monday or almost every one, barring family holidays, illness and "My Wife said I had to go" things.Nice regular group i got into some 10+ years ago and we still going, some faces changed some the same.

Just a suggestion if your playing not DM'ing. Halfling Barbarian m8, wicked!!, some 2 wep fighting, imp 2 wepo, quickdraw, and a coupla other feats...roxxors. lot of fun.
You dont do much damage but your a hell of a distraction whilst the big guns get ready to hammer in, and you can do what ya want and say " hey dude. im just in character , like, OK?"

Although I will say most other party members dislike you replenishing your food supply from dead NPC humanoids. Squemish buggers, I had salt!!