Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stan Zemanek

Stan Zemanek died today and I have to say that I have mixed feelings about that.  It is never good when anyone dies, but I have to admit I have had the "bastard deserved it" thoughts which are not nice...

I used to listen to Stan right up until he left radio last December principally because his show was hugely offensive and his views in my mind were so bizarre and right winged to the extreme that it was almost comedy to listen to him.  And his callers - the so called "numb nuts" were also so bizarre that the show had a flavour about it that you couldnt turn off.

The article about Stan Zemanek though does say his on air shock-jock personality was in opposite to how the real man was and I honestly hope that that's true.  Otherwise, the most sexist, racist bigot ever to get a voice on main stream media has passed and if that is the case, then its a time to celebrate.

Maybe I am being too cold and callous myself... maybe he said the things he said for entertainment purposes and I guess I was entertained by it... so in that case that may make me out to be the biggest numb nut of them all...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. It's a funny thing, death. I've been reflecting on your point re. capital punishment, and your Stan Zemanek post has also caused me to wonder; how does death bring justice, when we're all destined to die?