Monday, September 24, 2007

Lack of posts?!

Sorry dear readers... been a bit overwhelmed recently...
 
Had a good weekend though... Niki bought the kids new toy boxes from K-Mart and they were a timber flat-packed thing that I would have presumed would have been an allen key job...
 
But oh how wrong I was!  They needed screwing together PLUS had to have wooden dowels inserted with glue as well!  Not being the most handy of people, this was not an easy job but after a collective 2hrs I was able to put them together... the screws though were not high quality and I had to resort to hand screwing them in as the drill was simply chewing up the phillips head of the screw no matter how easy I took it....
 
Then I realised that for Kate's (in my haste) I put the spring under the lid upside down... which mean the lid didnt close properly... d'oh.
 
Other than that, I played cricket - we have won on first innings already after bowling out Wenty Leagues for 73 and we're 4/122 at stumps.  I will be missing next week due to my trip, but at least we've got the game in the bag anyway!  Yours truly scored 24 in a rusty innings but I did stick around to hit the winning runs before I was run out going for a third run!  Damn fielder threw it straight over the bails from the boundary!!  Oh well...
 
Kate had a netball picnic / presentation yesterday, so we were out at Glenbrook Park for most of the afternoon before heading back to one of the local school halls for a trophy presentation.  She (along with all the kids) got a nice little trophy, so she was pleased as.
 
I am off to Adelaide tomorrow... will be back in the office Wednesday, but off to Singapore / London on Thursday.  So much to do, so little time!!

No comments: