Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Damn Work IT

Has blocked my access to Gmail and now I cannot do discrete email posts to the blog... means (like I am now) having to come into Blogger and do a manual posting...

I could email from my work account to the blogger mail-post thingy, but when I do that I get my work's email disclaimer (which names my company) and I have no idea how to do that...

If you know how (in Outlook 2003) to turn off your company email disclaimer, can you let me know...

This is important... having to log in to Blogger will really change my timing of postings and will result in me being less likely to (or inclined) to shoot off a quick posting re a funny link...

Damn IT Depts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't turn off your disclaimer as far as I know (it's a server-side thing), but you can put #end at the bottom of your post, and blogger will ignore everything after that.

Clay said...

I did send a test post in from the work email, but it screwed around the template and I deleted the post and the template automatically fixed itself... odd.

Dan said...

Might have been the formatting of the email - if it was rich text/html with fonts/colours/layout it can screw with blogger - send it as plain text with the #end where you want it to finish and (touch wood) away you go :)