Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Bed...

And still I am putting together Brooke's bed.  I worked on it last night for about 3hrs and got through alot.  The problem is now I have reached a point where I think I need a second person to hold up the bed frame on the top of the wardrobe / desk so that I can drill in the appropriate screws.  I was playing around at nearly midnight last night getting flustered by it and decided to put it away for the night.  Having said that I think I might have another way of doing this or I can rig up some sort of 6' tall shelf to hold the bed up whilst I drill it in place.  I refuse to be beaten by this thing ;-)

On other news, I have hired my first employee this week when an English guy accepted an offer for one of my roles... in addition, I have two other roles out with recruiting agents and I am interviewing three people tomorrow and the next day for one of them.  Its a double edged sword when you have to hire people to assist you because you need the assistance but it takes so much of your time to do so!  The new guy will start in 2-3 weeks...

Also, we're starting to wrap things up at home and its unfortunate that alot of companies refuse to deal with Niki, my wife of nearly 14yrs, to make changes to, for example, my NRMA membership.  I have to ring up in person apparently!


No comments: