Sunday, May 10, 2009

Getting ready...

Getting ready for alot of things...

Niki and the girls arriving and I am still trying to get stuff set up.  Kate's bed arrived and was promptly installed in less than an hour... I in turn have been labouring away on Brookes bed which is bunk bed, stair case to top bunk, wardrobe, desk and drawers all wrapped into one unit.  It has 70 odd pieces of timber and I think a lazy 300+ screws, bolts and dowels.  At present the stair case and wardrobe are done....

I also bought a lounge suite which arrives on Wednesday, so at least the family will have somewhere to sit.

We also found out today that our furniture will be arriving on 24 June, some 20 days after Niki arrives so we will have to get by without things.  A seemingly small, but big issue is the kids' toys.  With everything packed, the kids have no tangible things to play with and Niki has pulled out my old Lego collection and the girls are dancing around the house using the empty rooms as a concert hall, its still tough.  Lucky though its school time and they're not on holidays.

In addition, I am flying to London on Sunday for a bit less than a week worth of work and things are busy here because of that.  I have also hired today my first staff member so things will start to improve on my stress levels as well!!

Its pretty busy all round!  At least on the weekend I managed to get to the pool for a bit of a swim and I finished reading a Bill Bryson book...


No comments: