Thursday, May 07, 2009

More Travel...

Amongst the hurly burly of life here, I am off on another business trip to London on Sunday week... it was going to take in Zurich as well, but that has been changed with my Swiss contacts meeting me in London to save the added plane trips.

A week in London will be good as it will take a chunk out of my time here in 'limbo' waiting for Niki and the girls... I am getting to the point now that living alone is becoming tiresome and I want to do something else other than work, cook badly and then sleep.  So the trip is timely in that I can get a bit of a holiday away from it so to speak.

On life outside of work, I am going out to the once a month social club drinks tonight but I wont stay long as I am pretty knackered... and I have made email contact with some D&D players looking for a game... one is an Irishman I think and the other 2 are English.  We're tentatively scheduling a beer and a chat about running a game before the end of the month.  So that sounds promising from a gaming point of view.

On top of that, I am having Kate's bed delivered this weekend and I promised myself I would build Brookes as well (its currently in 70+ pieces plus associated screws, the whole thing scares me!).  I still need to buy a dishwasher and I am being held up with my transfer to my parent company which is stopping me taking out a company loan to buy a family car...

Getting there... slowly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're after a game of Blood Bowl Clay, I believe Doug Maclaine Cross has moved to Dubai as well.

Chunky

Clay said...

I know, we were in touch via facebook but i have been slack and never got around to it... too busy!

I dont have my minis here either...